Sunday 15 July 2012

Week Two - Animals - Dash Dog




Pets have always featued in my life, from the old family cat Worms, to Milligan the Red Setter dog I remember us having when I was a kid and who was forever escaping out of the back garden and heading over to the fields over the road from my parents, to my very own first dog Whiskey. It is the same for my hubby too. So when we lived in our  old flat it seemed very strange not having any animals. Enter Merlin. Actually it's probably best not to mention Merlin. That cat was completely insane and grown men were petrified of him. Sadly a month before my eldest son Callum was born we had to have Merlin put to sleep, he went feral on us and the vet when hubby and I and this huge bump turned up to have him look at Merlin said he couldn't let me go home with him as he wouldn't like to think what the cat would do to a newborn baby. So at only five years old we had to have Merlin put to sleep, not an easy thing to do anytime but even harder when pregnant and for all those years that little animal had been your own sort of little baby.

It was hard after Merlin to think of getting any more pets and we were sworn off cats. And then we had Callum and our life was taken over by our handsome and full of energy little boy. Eventually Callum wanted a pet and he asked for a pet fish. That was the first of many fish but Spider-fish lasted a good length of time for a goldfish. After a while we added to Spiderfish and got two more, these were called Toot and Beep and I have to say I have very very fond memories of those two, I never knew goldfish could have so much personality but those two certainly did. And they lasted us for many years and even moved home with us.

Then in 2008 my parents came home from Ireland with a birthday present for me... and I also learnt a good lesson, never jokingly tell my Mum to bring me a puppy home for my birthday... BECAUSE SHE DID!!!!



Dash Dog


So we had this adorable little puppy and even though shocked and totally not prepared for him we fell in love. It was great too for Callum to have a puppy, I think every little boy needs a best friend Dog. I won't lie and say they are the best of friends, Callum and Dash have a Love Hate relationship but they have had some great memories. And that little puppy has grown up with the same speed (and size!) that Callum has.

The Dash Dog loves to stand/sit on anything and everything. Sometimes though he isn't so good at working out how to get down. lol 


Just like both my boys, Dash Dog also loves toy cars although he find them more tasty than playful. 


Then when it looked like we were settling into the life of two adults, one child, one dog along came our Little Smiley Riley, my youngest son.


"Great! What is this?!?!"

 Now Riley and Dash have a completely different relationship to Callum and Dash Dog. Dash has always seen Callum as competition, the one to try and beat to go up the ladder of important people in the house (yes he is a very silly dog!). But with Riley he doesn't seem to have that, it probably helps that as soon as he could move and do so Riley has always been happy to share everything with Dash Dog. My FIL who does dog training said from the beginning how different the relationships would be and I never doubted him but it's been amazing to see.  I think if anything the Boy and Best Friend role will be between Riley and Dash and I fully expect that in years to come it'll be Riley (because even though he is adorably cute and gorgeous he is a Lil Devil) that will be letting Dash Dog upstairs to sleep in his bedroom with him. I can imagine that the two of them will have many many adventures and I hope too that Callum will be involved. 
































But I think that first Callum will need to learn not to decorate Dash Dog.......



Dash Dog as The Joker


Oh and I did take another photo for the 52 Week Photo Challenge but thought it more fitting to do this week about Dash Dog, we do have another pet, our cat Rorschach aka Rory but I am sure over the next year I will get to talk aob



Rory Cat




Dead Bug I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment